Sunday, November 17, 2013

Paleo Blueberry Cobbler



I was craving a blueberry cobbler or a triple blend one that has blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries.....
I had given  away my old range and thought I'd simply go buy another one and have it quickly delivered, but I found that the old one had just been hard-wired in! So, I had to have that taken care of first. I wound up being without a range for 5 days! I am happily back to using an oven for all kinds of good things again, and it feels good!

Paleo Blueberry Cobbler is the first thing I made.

I took 3 cups of Triple Blend berries out of the freezer to thaw for a few minutes. (You can also do all blueberries. If your fruit is fresh, you can continue with the recipe immediately.)
I also rubbed coconut oil on a 9 x 12 glass baking dish.

In a bowl, I stirred up the following ingredients:

1/3 cup local honey (if you use raw honey, you might want to warm it a bit so it will mix better)
2/3 cup unblanched almond flour (but blanched would be fine)
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 cup organic coconut milk from a can
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup pecan pieces


When my fruit was mostly thawed, I poured it into the prepared dish and spread it out.  
Then, I covered the fruit with the cobbler mixture, with a wooden spoon and smashing it down some. It didn't cover the fruit completely.

In a small glass dish I melted 4 TBSP pasture butter (Kerry Gold, from grass fed cows) and then poured it over the top of the cobbler.  (Is your mouth watering yet? Wait until your kitchen starts smelling like heaven....)

The last thing I did was to sprinkle the cobbler with a little cinnamon.

I put it into a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes.


We all really liked this one. It was just perfect after a nice grass-fed chuck roast from the slow cooker, along with a pot of green beens with pork belly, and roasted sweet potatoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment