Thursday, September 19, 2013

Paleo Blueberry Pecan Bread


You'll want to make this recipe with nice organic blueberries. I was lucky enough to have some brought to me from Canada - taken away from a 200+ lb black bear! ( The black bear recipe is tomorrow - a nice chunk of him is marinating in the fridge right now..... boy, we have some of the best friends in the world - Darren and Shannon Roberts.)

Here's how I honored the blueberries:
I stirred the dry ingredients together in a big bowl:

1  1/2 cups almond flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
 2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda

I stirred the wet ingredients up in a small bowl:

1 TBSP coconut oil, melted
2 TBSP local honey
1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
4 organic eggs

Next, I mixed the wet ingredients into the dry.
I gently folded in 1  1/4 cups wild Canadian blueberries AND 1/2 cup pecan pieces.

I poured this into a 9 x 9 square baking dish that had been rubbed with coconut oil.
I baked it in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes. (Oven times vary - you may want to look at yours at 30 minutes OR need to go a little past 35 minutes.)

                                                      Mikko thought it smelled so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment