Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Cilantro Lime Slow Cooked Salmon


I have a couple of recipes on this blog for a big slab of salmon and they are delicious. Tonight I'd been thinking about PF Changs and how moist their steamed salmon is. So, I made this salmon a different was and we are all just loving how moist it is! You will have success, too - it's easy!

I moved an oven rack to the bottom of my oven and placed a glass baking dish filled half-way with water on the bottom rack.
I heated the oven to 225 degrees. (slow, moist heat, right????)

I covered a huge baking sheet with foil and rubbed coconut oil on it. Then I placed the big slab of salmon on there.
I brushed it with garlicgold.com's Garlic Gold. It's garlic-infused olive oil with minced garlic in it. I used a couple of tsps. (If you don't have that, you can brush it with olive oil or coconut oil, and sprinkle it with minced garlic.)
I added sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, fresh cilantro and 2 sliced limes. I squeezed the juice from the ends of the lime on it, too.
I put it in the oven for one hour.
It was perfect.

If you aren't loving cilantro, it would be amazing with parsley, too, but go fresh if you can!
Garlic - cilantro - lime - salmon - that is one powerhouse meal full of health insurance!
                                                   
                                                     Here it is before it was slow-steamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment