Friday, March 22, 2013

Paleo Apple Pecan Crunch



I love my Pumpkin Paleo Crunch. Love it. People tell me how great it is. People eat it with coconut milk when they are craving cereal.
I decided I needed to do a version without pumpkin, and that's how the apple pecan version was born. It's really good, just to snack on, or like cereal.....

I put the following ingredients into a huge bowl:

1 small apple, peeled, cored, and diced
2 cups pumpkin seeds
1  1/2 cups almond flour
3 cups unsweetened coconut chips ( you know I love the big chunky kind from nuts.com)
2 cups pecan pieces
1/2 cup walnut pieces
2 TBSP cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of sea salt
I stirred that up so the baking soda was intermixed in all the ingredients.

I put the following ingredients in a small bowl:
1 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup raw honey
1 TBSP vanilla

I whisked the wet ingredients and then stirred them into the dry ones in the huge bowl.

I spread this mixture out on two big heavy-duty cookie sheets. (If you don't have big ones, you may need 3 cookie sheets - you don't want the mixture TOO thick when you spread it out)
I baked them for an hour in a 250 degree oven - yes, 250 - low heat because we are looking for the crunch!
Then I took them out and stirred them and spread them back out and put them back into the oven for another 30 minutes.

Ger got 272 reps on 13.3! That's impressive, yes? Well, he ate this stuff the night before....

No comments:

Post a Comment