Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Crock Pot Pork Tenderloin with Butternut Squash and Mushrooms


Some days I just know I am not going to be able to cook. I try to plan ahead. Today was like that, so, yesterday I picked up an all-natural pork tenderloin, 2 packages of fresh diced butternut squash, and a package of fresh mushrooms that had portobellos and shitake. ( I usually chop up my own stuff, but today I didn't have time.)

This morning, I put all the things I'd bought yesterday into the crock pot, along with 1 cup of basic chicken stock, sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, and 1/2 tsp dried rosemary.

I cooked it all day long on low. I served it over last night's leftover asparagus. I am so glad I planned ahead because we wanted to eat a great meal while we watched the announcement of 13.4. Did you see Spealler beat Holmberg?

This photo is of Ger stretching out his lower back with Cassie's help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment