Saturday, March 30, 2013

Cocoa Mint Protein Balls



My healthy kids don't need an Easter basket but they never complain when I make protein balls - or Delight Bites, as we call them. These are close to my basic, and much loved, Cocoa Delight Bites, but they have mint extract in them to kick up the Progenex Locha Mocha protein and the dark cocoa! They also have pecan pieces. They are going fast! Yours will, too.

I put all the ingredients in a big bowl.

4 scoops chocolate protein powder, piled up, not leveled off  (Progenex Locha Mocha makes the very best ones! progenexusa.com)
1 TBSP dark cocoa
1/2 cup coconut oil, NOT melted (tropicaltraditions.com is the best. Vitacost is really good, too)
2 TBSP agave nectar ( or honey )
2 TBSP raw almond butter
1 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (I love the unsweetened coconut chips from nuts.com
)
4 TBSP coconut milk, as needed, maybe more

1/2 cup pecan pieces
4 - 6 drops pure mint extract

Stir with wooden spoon until a dough-like look appears. It takes a little stirring, and kind of happens all at once. You may need a bit more coconut milk, or if it's too thin, you could add some more protein powder. Then I scooped them out with my Pampered Chef cookie scoop. I put them on waxed paper and popped them into the freezer. 

They were pretty incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment