Saturday, March 23, 2013

Llama Burger Skillet with Tomato and Spinach


This was a delicious skillet dinner that we ate on spaghetti squash earlier this week. We've been very happy with our grass fed llama purchase. You can contact Clarence Evenson at asgaardllamas.com. Llama doesn't have the "game" taste like deer and it's grass fed and very healthy.

I cooked up 2 packages of llama burger in a BIG skillet with 2 TBSP of coconut oil. I added 1/2 cup diced organic sweet onion. When that was done, I added:
1  25 oz jar of Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce ( with no added sugar)
1 can Hunt's 100 % Natural tomato sauce
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp dried basil
2 TBSP coconut cream concentrate (tropicaltraditions.com has the best)
sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
2 big handfuls of organic baby spinach

I'd put a spaghetti squash, cut in half, seeds scooped out, and cut side down, in a glass baking dish with some water in the bottom of the dish about a quarter of an inch up. This cooked in a 375 oven for about an hour. I knew it was well done when I stuck a fork right in easily.

I haven't actually been "feeding Ger Sasser" this weekend. He's in Atlanta at a Coach's Prep Course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment