Friday, February 21, 2014

Asparagus Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms


Load up your barbell. But first, load up on vegetables, every way you can. Here's a very tasty way to do just that.

I rubbed coconut oil on 2 small pans. (You can, of course, use 1 baking sheet)

I used a spoon to remove the gills from the underside of 4 big portobello mushrooms. I also removed the stems.
I melted 1 TBSP coconut oil. I rubbed this on both sides of the mushroom caps and laid them top side down on the pans.

In a small skillet over medium heat I put:
1 TBSP coconut oil
1 organic carrot, sliced
I let the carrot cook 2-3 minutes before adding the other ingredients, to give it time to soften some.

Then I added:
1  1/2 cups asparagus, sliced at an angle, after throwing away the woody ends
2 TBSP diced onion
1 tsp minced garlic (fresh or garlicgold.com)
3 TBSP diced mushrooms (you can use the stems or other mushrooms)
1 TBSP almond flour ( I always use the "natural" or unblanched almond flour)
sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

 I cooked this about 5 minutes, so it was still crisp-tender.
I split this mixture into the 4 portobello mushroom caps and baked them at 400 degrees  for 10-12 minutes.

If you wanted to shave a little grass fed cheese on the top of them, I wouldn't call the paleo police....


Ten Institute's social media: "Super Human Gerald Sasser...." I love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment