Monday, February 17, 2014

Paleo Beef Stew


Ger was about to fly to Tampa for a few days so I wanted to send him off with a happy belly.  This is what I did:

I boiled until tender:

6 organic carrots, peeled and sliced
4 stalks of celery, washed and sliced

While that boiled, I got out a big skillet and added:

2 TBSP coconut oil
1 onion, diced
I cooked the onion over medium heat 3-4 minutes until tender.
I added 2 lbs organic grass-fed stew meat and cooked, turning now and then over medium-low heat.

I seasoned this mixture with:
1  1/2 tsp Cherry Wood Smoked Sea Salt (salttraders.com)
black pepper, to taste
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 TBSP minced garlic (garlicgold.com)
2 TBSP coconut cream concentrate (coconut butter) OPTIONAL, but this thickens it up so nicely
1  1/2 cups Organic Butternut Squash Soup (You can also food-process a little butternut squash and add a little chicken stock if you have time, but the boxed organic soup isn't too bad...but compare labels since some of them have canola oil in them...but the good boxed soups are fast and delicious for this recipe!)
I drained the carrots and celery and added them to the skillet.

I stirred now and then while letting it cook about 15 more minutes, with the lid on, over low heat, just blend the flavors and soften the stew meat.

This made a great meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment