Monday, February 10, 2014

Paleo Pollo Linguine


So, Coach Cindy said I should paleo-ize a "Pollo Linguine."  She said she'd been doing it, with spaghetti squash instead of noodles, of course.  Oh, Cindy, thanks for the deliziosa idea!  We are loving this stuff!

First, I had Ger cut a spaghetti squash in half for me. I scooped out the stringy stuff and the seeds and laid them cut-side-down in a 9 x 12 pan with a half-inch of water. I put that into a 400 degree oven for 45 minutes. While that was cooking.....

I put 2 TBSP of coconut oil into my biggest skillet over medium low heat.

I cut 6 organic chicken breasts into big bite-sized pieces and added them to the skillet, turning until done. (You can make it with 4 if that will feed your crew.) While the chicken was cooking, I added a clove of crushed fresh garlic and 1 tsp basil.

I added 1  8 oz container of sliced baby bella mushrooms and 2 cups fresh broccoli and saute for a couple of minutes.

I turned the heat to low.
Next, I checked on my spaghetti squash by sticking a fork into it. It was done, so I poured off the water and scraped the spaghetti squash with a fork. I added this to the skillet and stirred.

I beat 2 eggs with a fork in a measuring cup and then added it to the skillet, stirring until it had a bit of a creamy consistency and gave the egg a little time to cook.

I turned off the heat and added 1  10 oz container of cherry tomatoes, cut in half, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, and sea salt and pepper, to taste, and stirred thoroughly.  (but it needed more salt than I thought it would...)

WE ALL LOVED IT!!!  Seriously, share this recipe with your friends and family.


                 I've been a little addicted to the app Waterlogue. Lisbeth Darsh warned me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment