Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Paleo Baked Eggs in Roasted Tomatoes



              Don't you love organic summer tomatoes? This was a delicious way to eat them.

I took 4 firm, ripe organic tomatoes and sliced off the top of them. Then I cored them out a little bit with a teaspoon and got out the seeds. I rubbed coconut oil in the bottom of a baking dish. I poured a tsp of olive oil on each one.
I sprinkled them with Salt Traders Cherry Wood Smoked Salt, freshly ground pepper, and garlic powder. I didn't have fresh basil, but it would have been perfect.

I roasted the tomatoes in a 400 degree oven almost 30 minutes. They looked really good and smelled good, too!
I took them out of the oven and cracked an egg INTO each tomato and added more smoked sea salt and pepper. I put them back into the oven for 10 minutes.
                                

(You may like your eggs a little less done, maybe 8 or 9 minutes - just watch them)
You could do more than four tomatoes at a time if you needed to. I've done 8 big tomatoes in a 9 x 12 glass baking dish recently, too. Delicious! They are great for a summer breakfast. They make an interesting side dish, too.

The smoked sea salt I love is from salttraders.com. The glass jar is fairly expensive but if you buy the 16 oz bags, it's a much better deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment