Friday, July 6, 2012

Sonia's Ceviche


Since I have been with out power and water and my basement was flooded, I have been concentrating on other things than cooking, so it's the perfect time for a guest blog. Thank you so much, Sonia Leake Dent. Ger  and I loved your Ceviche!
This is Sonia:

"OK Here is what I used:
2 lbs of fresh fish ( I used talapia, but you can use any kind)
6 Roma tomatoes
6-8 limes
1 white onion
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 Serrano chile
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 fresh garlic clove
1/2 cup Clamato juice
salt fresh ground black pepper

Take the fish and put in a pan. Squeeze the lime juice from the limes to cover all the fish.  Let the fish soak for about 20 minutes or until the fish turns white all the way through. Dice the tomatoes, onions, and green pepper. Finely chop the Serrano chile, garlic clove, and cilantro.  After the fish is drained from the lime juice, cut it into cubes. Add all the ingredients together. Stir in the Clamato juice. Add seasoning salt and black pepper to taste.

You can serve it over lettuce as a salad, a side dish, or an appetizer. I like to put mine in a large martini glass and garnish with a lime and some cocktail sauce. You CAN serve it with home-made almond flour tortilla chips and stay paleo.

ALSO, I used fresh fish but dealing with raw fish is risky. Using frozen is safer to decrease the risk of Anisakis. I just wanted to put that disclaimer in there. So, sushi grade is best, and if you are in our area, I go to Jewel City in Huntington, WV."

Thanks, Sonia, and the pic is beautiful. See you soon at CrossFit Countdown!

No comments:

Post a Comment