Saturday, April 25, 2015

Sriracha Lime Roasted Cauliflower and Zucchini



I ordered salt from salttraders.com again recently for my favorite salt in the world, Cherry Wood Smoked Sea Salt. I also picked up a new one, Sriracha Lime Salt. As soon as I tasted it, I wanted to try this recipe. It was swallowed right up! Ger like that kick that this fine salt brings. (Salt Traders even sent me a jar of Guava Wood Smoked Sea Salt as a thank you for singing their praises - just another reason to love them!)

People who don't love cauliflower should roast it. Like most vegetables, roasting cauliflower in coconut oil brings out the carmelized richness, almost a sweetness to it. It's so good for you it's worth finding ways to love it.

 I preheated my oven to 425 degrees.
Next, I covered a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. I rubbed coconut oil on that.

I took a huge head of organic cauliflower and cut it up into bite-sized pieces. 
I cut 3 small zucchini into big bites.
I put all of this on the cookie sheet and added 1 heaping TBSP of melted coconut oil. I mixed this up with my hands and then spread the pieces out.

I sprinkled them with:

1  1/2 tsp Sriracha Lime Salt
1/2 tsp smoked paprika 
  freshly ground black pepper.

I roasted them for 25 minutes. Perfection!




No comments:

Post a Comment