Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Crock Pot Beef Short Ribs Paleo



Ger and Cassie ate a massive dinner last night. These grass fed beef short ribs were my first from Tropical Traditions and they turned out next level delicious. I hope you try this great way to appreciate prepping your Crock Pot.

I rubbed the inside of my slow cooker with coconut oil.
I diced a large white onion and put it in the bottom of the slow cooker.
I laid out 4+ lbs of beef short ribs and sprinkled them with:
    1/4 tsp red pepper
    1 tsp Garlic Gold nuggets
    1 tsp smoked paprika
    1 tsp smoked sea salt (Salt Traders)
    1/2 tsp basil    1/2 tsp turmeric
    freshly ground black pepper

Next, I placed the ribs onto the layer of onion. It was a couple of layers.

In a medium bowl, I stirred up:
1 15 oz can of organic tomatoes
1 6 oz can of tomato paste (read your labels - you don't want hidden sugar in these cans!)
2 TBSP balsamic vinegar 
1/4 cup raw or local honey

I poured this sauce over the ribs and put on the lid. I cooked it on low for 9 hours.

Mikko loved the bones.  



No comments:

Post a Comment