Sunday, April 12, 2015

Artichoke Grass Fed Skillet


While I PRed my 5k row on Saturday (26:20, not bad for this old gal!) I watched the Crossfit Countdown beasts do some banded dead lifts and then dead lifts off the blocks. It was something to behold - the way they encouraged each other, laughed, and worked so hard. They encourage me in ways they don't even know about.

I put these ingredients into a skillet over medium heat:

1 small yellow onion, diced
3 large carrots, peeled and sliced thin
1 TBSP coconut oil

I cooked this until soft.
I added 2  lbs of grass fed burger to the skillet and browned that. (If you don't feed as many hungry Crossfit bodies as I do, this recipe works fine with 1 lb)

When the burger was browned, I simply added:

1 jar pasta sauce (one with no sugar - read labels!)
2 small jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained (glass jars retain a better texture than cans)
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup organic raisins (yes, raisins)
1 TBSP Garlic Gold nuggets (if you'd rather use fresh minced garlic, throw it with the carrots and onion at the beginning)
1/2 tsp basil1 tsp sea salt
freshly ground black pepper

This cooked over medium heat until everything was warmed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment