Monday, May 27, 2013

Paleo Pineapple Whip


When I was a little girl, a long time ago, my mom and dad, my little sister, and my Nana and Papa would always go to the Kentucky State Fair. Every year, in August, we would have a cone of Pineapple Whip. It was my favorite part; better than petting the baby goats, seeing the odd chickens, smelling the First Place hay, being amazed by the stitches in the best quilts.

Years later, I didn't go get my Pineapple Whip every year at the Ky State Fair. Then I found it at Disney World - Dole Whip - and now and then, that brought back all the memories.

Then I went paleo and I just miss something once in a while, and try to "paleo-ize" it. Well, this stuff is easy and incredible and I am going to eat it as often as I want this summer!

I hope you do, too.

So, I'd bought a container of fresh pineapple spears. I threw it into the freezer. Later, I opened my Cuisenaire 7-cup food processor (it also works in the blender)  and threw half of the frozen spears in there, along with 1 tsp of raw honey (tropicaltraditions.com) and 1/4 cup of organic coconut milk from a can.

I put the top on and hit the button. After a couple of minutes, it was Paleo Pineapple Whip!  We all loved it.

I went through both containers of pineapple and we all want more, and YOU WILL, TOO!



This photo looks like grass fed butter but it's just amazing paleo pineapple whip. I shot it and ate it out of this cute little Pyrex dish that was my Nana's sisters. I thought that was somehow appropriate.

By the way, Happy Memorial Day. I hope lots of you did Murph today. My time was 54:56, which was better than last year's 64:43. I am grateful to be able to do it at my age. (with jumping pull-ups and girl push-ups, but my wrists are stronger than last year!)


No comments:

Post a Comment