Saturday, May 11, 2013

Crock Pot Llama Roast



This meal was at least 4 lbs of llama roast.  ( I've done it with grass-fed roast, and steaks, too, so whatever you want to make tender and dark and tasty in the crock pot will work)

I put the thawed grass-fed meat into the crock pot, bones and all.
I added:
1 small onion, diced
2 TBSP coconut oil
3/4 cup strong leftover coffee
1/4 cup molasses
2 TBSP chicken stock
2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
1 small can organic tomato paste
2 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2  tsp turmeric
1/2  tsp fennel seeds
2 tsp Cherry Wood Smoked Sea Salt (salttraders.com)
freshly ground plack pepper

I let this cook on low for 8 or 9 hours. I stirred and picked the bones out, pushing any bone marrow out of the bone and into the crock pot! Do you know how good that stuff is for you?
I put the crock pot on low and ran two forks through the meat, to shred it some. Then I made a couple of quick side dishes.

I love this recipe. If you haven't had llama, you should try it. (Check my other llama recipes for my source)
Tomorrow is Mother's Day. I am making this meal for my crew AND Miguel and Darren, because they won't be anywhere near their moms on Mother's Day. (They're in Kentucky for their job - that's a long way from Oregon) They call me "Momma Ger." That's so cute.



No comments:

Post a Comment