Saturday, May 25, 2013

Egg in a Sweet Pepper Slice


Happy Saturday! Happy Memorial Day week-end!  Happy 2 Weeks Until Central East Regionals, 2013!

This is not really a recipe, just a nice idea.
 I sliced a sweet pepper - red, yellow, orange, green - and laid it in my pan. I'd already made sausage in the pan, but a tiny bit of coconut oil would be great first, too.

I cracked my farm-fresh egg right into the pepper and let it cook slowly. I flipped it over carefully because I like my eggs done.


These eggs made my family smile. I think I'd seen this idea in an old cooking magazine a long while back, but I can't give credit because I don't have a clue which one it was.

Friends sometimes ask me if every recipe I have comes out just right the first time..... and most of them do. I think and plan first, sometimes stewing over something for weeks before I whip it up. Sometimes I make something new, and immediately make it again, with the tweaks needed. A few come to mind - I made Dinah's Paleo Cake in a Mug 5 times in one day, until it was perfect and exactly what I was looking for. My Paleo Dark Chocolate Heaven took a few times, too!  But, I don't usually show on here when things don't work out.....
but here's the first "crack" at Egg in a Sweet Pepper Slice......

My peppers weren't flat against the bottom of the skillet so..... the eggs didn't stay contained! Laugh at me.  I did.

They were pretty impossible to flip well, too.
So, learn from me. Use the flat part of your skillet only. If you want to make many at once, use a griddle - nice and flat!

No comments:

Post a Comment