Thursday, March 5, 2015

Slow Cooker Pot Roast Meal


I couldn't get this blog post up until I watched the 15.2 Live Feed. I am stuck at home with 14 inches of snow.  See? I don't drive in that.


 I didn't even try to go to the box to watch it there, but I like the sound of 15.2 being 14.2. I remembered that Ger did very well with that one last year. (I even checked the 2014 Leaderboard)

Now I can focus on sharing this recipe.

I rubbed coconut oil inside my slow cooker and placed a large grass fed pot roast in.

I peeled 2 lbs of organic carrots and put them in around the edges.

I peeled and sliced 1 white onion and put it in on one side. I always leave the onion in big pieces so that Cassie can pick around it easily. She likes the taste but doesn't like to eat onion.

I washed a bag of baby red potatoes and put them in, too.

I heavily sprinkled the contents of the slow cooker with:

Cherry Wood Smoked Sea Salt
Smoked Paprika
freshly ground black pepper
turmeric
dried basil

In a small bowl I stirred  1 small can of organic tomato paste and 3/4 cup water. I poured this over everything and put the lid on.
I cooked it on low for 9 hours - it was a big roast.

You can see in the photo above that when it was done I placed everything in a 9 x 12 cake pan and then drizzled the broth over the top of everything.  How easy is that?



No comments:

Post a Comment