Saturday, March 7, 2015

Paleo Sweet Potato Bone Broth Soup


We are all busy and we want to be strong.
When people tell me they don't have time to make soup, this is the recipe I recommend. When people tell me they can't just drink bone broth by itself, this is the recipe I recommend. So, be strong and make this soup.  It's quick, delicious, and it makes you strong. What more could you want?

I put these ingredients into a saucepan:

I BPA-free can of organic sweet potato
8 oz bone broth (I usually use turkey or chicken bone broth here, but beef is good, too)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 TBSP grass fed butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp smoked sea salt (salttraders.com)
freshly ground black pepper

I brought this to a gentle boil while stirring now and then, and served it with some pumpkin seeds on the top.  (That reminds me to tell you that this recipe totally works with a can of pumpkin instead to sweet potato)

No comments:

Post a Comment