Friday, December 12, 2014

Paleo Crock Pot Coconut Milk Roast



This is such a busy time of year. We put so much stress on ourselves, wanting to make everything just so, wanting to get through the to-do list, wanting to prep meals, eat healthy, WOD, make family memories, clean out that closet that won't shut....etc etc etc!

Just a small amount of time with some quality ingredients is worth it if you have a great recipe. This is one of those. It's patterned after my  Paleo Crock Pot Chicken Thigh Dinner.                             Paleo Crock Pot Chicken Thigh Dinner

Someone had made it often and they told me how they made it with a roast instead, but I can't remember who it was. If it was YOU please let now on whatever social media you interact with me on.  I want to give you credit for this great way to tweak my original recipe.


I rubbed 2 TBSP coconut oil in my crock pot.
I peeled maybe 8-10 organic carrots and cut them in in big pieces and placed them into the crock pot.
I placed a large grass fed beef roast into the crock pot.
I cut 2 small red onions into large chunks and put them on top of the chicken.
I poured 1/2 cup chicken stock into the crock pot.
I poured 1 can of organic coconut milk into the pot. (I didn't stir. The coconut milk was partly thick, partly thin, of course, but that's not going to matter after it cooks all day)
I added: 
1 tsp Cherry Wood Smoked sea salt, (salttraders.com
freshly ground black pepper, 
1/2 tsp rosemary, and 
1/2 tsp basil
1/4 tsp turmeric
I left the crock pot on low 8+  hours. (4 hours on high would work, too)



No comments:

Post a Comment