Sunday, December 28, 2014

Chicken Vegetable Soup


I made up new soup for when the kids came over for Christmas Eve lunch and present-opening. Everyone LOVED the soup and Ger said it was probably his second favorite of my soups ever! (I've got to remember to ask him what's in the number one spot.....) It wasn't paleo since it had potatoes and corn in it, but I went for organic, so I really don't feel guilty at all!

I hope you try it soon and let me know what you think. Mmmmmm.

I put 2 TBSP coconut oil and 4 huge organic chicken breasts into my big stock pot and browned the chicken on both sides over medium heat.

While the chicken was cooking, I diced 1 small onion and threw it into the stock pot.


When the onion was translucent, I added all the other ingredients:

4 organic potatoes, diced
1/2 head cabbage, chopped
1  10 oz package frozen organic corn
1 10 oz package frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, green beans, etc)
2 large cans organic tomatoes including the juice
1 can Rotel Original tomatoes
1 can coconut milk
1/2 tsp turmeric
smoked sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

I put a lid on it and let it simmer for a couple of hours. I shredded the chicken chunks before serving this soup with homemade basil flatbread.

If you have your own canned tomatoes, they are a great substitution for the canned tomatoes...like these red and yellow tomatoes, canned by my mom!


I hope your holiday season was filled with much laughter and love. The kids were so good to me - letting me try to get a photo as Elves.... and even though Mikko wouldn't keep his hat on, we sure did get a laugh out of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment