Saturday, November 29, 2014

Spicy Quinoa


I made a spicy quinoa the other night. It makes a great side dish and I wanted to share it with you. Now,  I've adjusted the recipe because when I first made it, it was way too SPICY. NO, really, it was.

I started with:

1/2 cup organic quinoa (I like the nuts.com quinoa. Have you tried it?)
1 cup water

I cooked this over medium heat in my smallest sauce pan until the water was mostly absorbed, but the quinoa still has its shape and isn't mushy.

I added:

1 organic yellow bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup Mina Harissa Spicy Moroccan Red Pepper Sauce (I had TWICE as much in the first batch...)
2-3 TBSP coconut cream concentrate (coconut butter)
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 tsp smoked sea salt
freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Then I stirred a couple of times while it was over low heat, just to blend the flavors.




No comments:

Post a Comment