Sunday, October 20, 2013

Broiled Steak


You can really do justice to a grass fed steak if you broil it.

I took them out of the fridge and salted them with Cherry Wood Smoked Sea Salt (salttraders.com)  I let them sit for 15 minutes, to take the chill off of them.

Next, I turned on the broiler.

I rubbed coconut oil on my broiler pan. ( I cover the bottom part of it with foil - any way I can speed clean-up is a good thing, right?) Bacon fat is another delicious choice instead of the coconut oil.

I seasoned them with a little more of that amazing salt, (see why I call it "crack-salt?") freshly ground black pepper, and a little minced garlic.

I put them under the broiler for 4 minutes, took them out to flip them over, and broiled them 4 minutes on the other side.  (Thicker steaks OR how you like your steaks cooked will alter your broiling times.)

I took them out of the oven and let them rest for 5 minutes before we ate.
Delicious.
Easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment