Saturday, October 5, 2013

Baked Sweet Potatoes


I love sweet potatoes. Love them. Sometimes I boil them in water on the stove, but they don't have that deep sweetness or that delicious texture that they have when they are baked in the oven. We should all do this more often.

Here's what I did to make them come out perfect:

I lined a baking sheet with foil.
I poked several holes in each organic sweet potato with a fork and put them on the baking sheet.
I placed them into a 400 degree oven for 45 minutes. (This is until tender, so stick a fork in them and check. I buy big sweet potatoes, so if you are baking smaller ones, your baking time will be shorter.)

I slice them on top and everyone puts whatever they want on them. They are great as is, but I think that 1 tsp of pasture butter, smoked sea salt and freshly ground pepper is perfect. Pecans and real maple syrup is another favorite in our house, too.
Be creative.

This might seem like an awfully simple post, but I do have paleo people who are completely new to cooking at all, so sometimes simple things can be just what we need in our busy kitchens.




No comments:

Post a Comment