Saturday, October 12, 2013

Paleo Ham Steaks


These big ham steaks were begging me to take them out of the freezer. After thawing them overnight in the fridge, I put a big skillet on the stovetop and  added 2 TBSP coconut oil. I put it on medium high heat, and added the ham steaks. There were two big ovals, so I sliced them up some so it would all fit into the skillet. I added applewood smoked sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, 1 TBSP maple syrup, and two TBSP of brown mustard. I flipped them over after about 7 minutes and let them cook on the other side for a while.

I added 1/4 cup water to the skillet and flipped the ham steaks again. I put a lid on it and turned it down so that it could get tender.

OH, it was so good!!!!! It's easy. If you buy ham steaks that are already cooked, you won't need to cook it very long at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment