Sunday, October 7, 2012

Paleo Haystacks


So, lots of paleo blogs have a recipe for No-Bake Cookies, like we used to eat, but now they don't have oatmeal, they have coconut, and they don't have sugar and they have agave nectar or honey. I found many that are so close to each other. Try them out.

 Or, try my version. You know how I like things dark and cocoa-y! They are quick!

I put in a medium saucepan on the stove:

 1/3 cup Tropical Traditions gold label coconut oil, (tropicaltraditions.com)
1/3 cup raw honey, (or local honey, or agave nectar)
 1 tsp cinnamon
 2 TBSP Ghirardelli all natural premium baking cocoa

 I turned it on medium heat until it boiled, then made sure to stir and boil it for another minute.
I took it off the heat and added:

 1/3 cup smooth almond butter
1 tsp real vanilla.

I stirred until it was mixed well.

I added:
 2 cups Unsweetened Organic Coconut Chips (nuts.com) Unsweetened shredded coconut would be fine, too, but I just love this chunky coconut from nuts.com! I stirred the coconut in.

I used a cookie scoop from Pampered Chef to quickly put the "haystacks" out onto wax paper that was  on a cookie sheet. Then I popped them into the refrigerator.

After dinner, they were ready!


No comments:

Post a Comment