Sunday, October 14, 2012

Dinah's Paleo Breakfast Bars



These are like my very own Paleo Power Bars. They are very easy to change up. I made them today to help out through the week with breakfast or snacks on-the-go. I hope they make eating healthy easier for you, too. (The ones in the first photo are Goji Rasberry Macadamia Nut, a very nice combination.)



First, I lined a 9 x 12 pan with aluminum foil and rubbed it with coconut oil.

Then, in a large bowl,  I stirred up:
1 cup old-fashioned oats
3/4 cup almond flour
2 scoops vanilla protein
1 TBSP cinnamon

Next, in a small bowl, I stirred up:
2 eggs
 1 cup pumpkin (applesauce works, too)
1/4 cup raw honey (or, if you prefer, agave nectar)
2 TBSP almond butter

I stirred the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients together.

THEN, I stirred in 2 1/2 cups of my choice ingredients. It should always be:
1 cup nuts and seeds
1 1/2 cups dried fruit
(Today I used 1 cup sunflower seeds, 1 cup chopped dates, and 1/2 cup Ocean Spray Reduced Sugar Craisins)
I spread the mixture into my prepared pan evenly with the back of a wooden spoon and cooked at 325 degrees for 30 minutes. I let them cool and then used the foil to lift them out of the pan. I cut them into bars.

Now, here's where it gets creative: that 2 1/2 cups of "choice ingredients" could be any combination of:

unsweetened coconut
freeze-dried rasberries
dried cherries
goji berries
pecans
walnuts
cocoa nibs
dark chocolate chips
macadamia nuts
brazil nut pieces

No comments:

Post a Comment