Sunday, April 8, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars




I used to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. I loved them. I knew that to do a paleo twist to them, it would change the texture so I made them into cookie bars. (Besides, it's faster!) They are now very paleo, and quite delicious, but they do have some dark chocolate chips in there.  I made a small pan with no chocolate chips, just for Ger, since he's been eating so clean, but he tore right into the chocolate chip ones!!!!
Combine in a small bowl:
2 cups almond flour
3/4 cup old-fashioned oats ( I love McCann's, and remember: a little old-fashionaed oatmeal now and then won't spike your blood sugar like most grains.... who is 100 % paleo anyway?)
1 tsp baking soda
1 TBSP cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

Combine in a bigger bowl:
1/4 cup melted grass-fed butter
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup honey  (I used to make this recipe with 3/4 cup honey but 1/2 is enough for us now. Either works.)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

Alternately stir in dry ingredients and 1 can plain pumpkin.
Then, add 1 -  1 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, depending on how many chocolate chips you like.

Rub coconut oil in a 9 by 12 pan. Add the cookie bar batter and spread it out. Cook in a 350 degree oven for 20-22  minutes.

                                     Remove and cool on a rack before cutting into BIG PIECES!

No comments:

Post a Comment