Sunday, November 9, 2014

Paleo Slow Cooker Spiced Apple Cider


This.
This spiced apple cider.
This stuff made someone hug me.
This stuff almost made me want to put up the Christmas tree early....almost. I am excited about making this recipe for holiday gatherings and family gatherings and right-after-shopping-trips.....

I hope it lends a happy atmosphere to your gatherings, as well.

I poured 1 gallon of apple cider into my slow cooker. (Kroger had some from a local orchard)

I added the following ingredients:

1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
2-3 cinnamon sticks
1 organic orange, cut into 4 pieces

I put the lid on and put it on low for 4 hours. (It would also be fine to be on low all day)

I squeezed the orange pieces and gave the cider a stir just before serving.

 I left it on warm the rest of the day so it was always ready.

It was warm and perfect AND the house smelled amazing and festive. Put this one into your plans!




No comments:

Post a Comment