Sunday, November 23, 2014

Big Healthy Cookies


These healthy cookies - Let me know what you think. I think they are pretty much amazing! I think they are so healthy I can eat them for breakfast with my coffee with coconut oil, grass fed butter, and blackstrap molasses. (I'm trying not to eat another one before then.....)  Katie says we could call them "Better Than the Crap on the Shelves at the Store" - true that.

Here's how I made these big cookies:

In a large bowl I combined:
1  1/2 cups almond flour  (I always use the non blanched but blanched will work)
1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp baking soda

In a small bowl I combined:
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
2 TBSP peanut butter  (or almond butter)
2 TBSP water

I poured the wet ingredient mixture into the dry ingredients and stirred with a wooden spoon.

I folded in:
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips  (I know this ingredient isn't paleo, Ger; I just can't help myself...)
1/2 cup unsweetened chunky coconut
1/2 cup cranberries



I measured them out with a 1/4 cup measure, almost full and then gave them a pat to flatten them just a little. It took 2 cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. I left them lots of room to spread out. (I think it made 16 BIG cookies.)

I baked them in a 350 degree oven for 12 minutes and then let them cool completely on racks.

They don't take long and they are totally worth the effort. Check the ingredients and add what you don't have to your grocery list.  Fuel up!





No comments:

Post a Comment