Saturday, September 6, 2014

Pumpkin Raisin Haystacks




I made my Paleo Haystacks this morning and bagged up some for people at CFC. It made me think about doing a new version - I wanted a Haystack that was full of fall fabulosity with pumpkin, cinnamon, and raisins.
They are so good and I hope you try them and love them, too! You'll love how fast they are to whip up.


I put in a medium saucepan on the stove:

 1/3 cup Tropical Traditions gold label coconut oil, (tropicaltraditions.com)
1/3 cup raw honey, (or local honey, or agave nectar)
 1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup organic pumpkin
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

I turned it on medium heat and stirred until it boiled, then made sure to stir and boil it for another minute.
I took it off the heat and added:

 1/3 cup organic peanut butter
1 tsp real vanilla.

I stirred until it was mixed well.

I added and stirred:
 2 cups Unsweetened Organic Coconut Chips (nuts.com)
1/3 cup organic raisins


I used a cookie scoop from Pampered Chef to quickly put the "haystacks" out onto wax paper that was  on a cookie sheet. Then I popped them into the refrigerator.
Delicious!




Lisbeth caught the San Francisco Fire's first GRID match and sent me this awesome photo of her and Ger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment