Sunday, September 7, 2014

Pineapple Turmeric Smoothie


Anti inflammatory. Pain reducing. Bromelain-containing. This smoothie is one of my recipes that tries to get some healthy nutrients together in a delicious way. I make this smoothie now with SFH protein so that I have the most muscle-soreness fighting concoction I can come up with all in one glass. But use whatever protein you like. I've had my SFH for 3 days so it's early for me to tell.... and Dr. Michael Brock says they are awesome.

I buy fresh pineapple and cut it into chunks. I bag the chunks in 1/4 cup servings and put in the freezer. That way I am ready to make a smoothie any time.

I put the following items into the blender (or a large food processor):

1/4 cup fresh pineapple, frozen
1/4 cup coconut milk (I use organic from a can, but chilled in the fridge)
1/4 cup coconut water (I use plain; flavored will give you more flavor in your smoothie)
1 scoop protein (FSH vanilla or TEN Institute)
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 ice cubes (optional)

So, if you are feeling your recent dead lift PR, or your squat cycle, or all those snatches, roll out, and fuel up!


No comments:

Post a Comment