Sunday, September 28, 2014

Butternut Squash with Cranberries and Pecans


We had such a BLAST in Charlotte this week for the NPGL Quarterfinals and Semifinals. Congratulations to all the teams - they played their hearts out. HUGE congratulations to the San Francisco Fire ( and GER!) for winning both their matches!  The finals are fast approaching.

I cut a medium sized butternut squash into large chunks - I think there were 9.  I scooped out the seeds with a spoon.  Then I placed them in a large pan, covered them with water, and put a lid on them to boil until tender when stuck with a fork, but not too mushy. I wanted them to hold their shape a little. 

Next, I poured off the hot water and covered them with cool water.  I took each chunk and easily cut way the skin with a paring knife. I cut the large chunks into bite-sized chunks and put them in a mixing bowl. 
I added:
 1/4 cup roasted pecans (10 minutes at 350 degrees)
1/4 cup sugar-free ( or reduced sugar) cranberries
2 TBSP butter
2 TBSP Cherry Balsamic Vinegar (Pampered Chef link has a great one. So does Flying Olive)
I stirred things up gently and shared it with a friend in the hospital. Delicious! 


No comments:

Post a Comment