Sunday, August 31, 2014

Paleo Rosemary Rabbit Stew


How have I been on this earth this long and never cooked Rabbit? Look at this photo. Can you tell that it is melt-in-your-mouth tender? I literally just ate this with my fingers and didn't even look up! The artichoke hearts, the carrots, and the onion sang harmony to this tasty melody. Maybe I was just HUNGRY - I took first for my age division in a 5K yesterday and worked on my hang snatch at the box today with Cindy......

 I plan to feed this rabbit recipe to Ger and Cassie when they are back here soon.  Cassie is with Ger for another week. She'll watch the San Francisco Fire's second game and then fly home. I hope all of you caught their first game on npgl.com. If not, you can still watch it there. That team is full of amazing athletes!

Ok. Back to the rabbit stew:

I put the following ingredients into the slow cooker:

2 TBSP bacon grease  (or coconut oil)
1  3 lb rabbit, cut into several pieces (mine came this way, thank goodness lol)
3 organic carrots, peeled and cut into coins
1/2 small yellow onion, diced
2 cups coconut water (not flavored)  or chicken stock
1 stalk celery, optional since lots of my friends don't like it at all
1 small can tomato paste  (read ingredients and get it with no sugar!)
1 1/2  tsp rosemary     -If you want to use fresh, tie 2 sprigs together with string so you discard easily)
1 tsp Garlic Gold nuggets  (or garlic powder, or fresh garlic)
1 tsp smoked sea salt  (my favorite - salttraders.com)
1/2 tsp turmeric
freshly ground black pepper, to taste ( and then a little more!)
1 6 oz jar artichoke hearts, drained

I put it on LOW for 7 hours.  I stirred once about 1/2 hour into the cooking time and once very gently right before it was done.

You may want to make my Paleo Johnny Cakes to sop up the stew.  After thinking about this, I believe you could cook two rabbits with the rest of this recipe the same if you want leftovers. That's what I'll do when I get to feed this to Ger. (or 3 rabbits.....lol)



                                                             Go, SanFranFire! 

No comments:

Post a Comment