Friday, August 15, 2014

Broiled Scallops and Shrimp


Ger likes scallops. Cassie likes shrimp. So, I made both.
I'm catching up  with this recipe.  Ger's been married two weeks tomorrow and is one day shy of being in San Francisco with his GRID team, the San Francisco Fire, that long.   Cassie and Mikko and the other coaches are keeping the PRs up on the board at Crossfit Countdown.  I'm one week into the start of another school year.  This beautiful meal had to wait, but it's certainly worth waiting for!

 I thawed some big sea scallops and some extra large shrimp. I peeled the shrimp - I hate this job!  I covered a baking sheet with aluminum foil and rubbed it with coconut oil. I placed the scallops and shrimp on the pan, not touching each other.

I topped them with some of my favorite herbs - I used:
 basil
Garlic Gold  (garlicgold.com - how do the organic nuggets stay crunchy in the oil??)
Cherry Wood Smoked Sea Salt (salttraders.com)

I popped them under the broiler and timed them for 7 minutes. 



         Meanwhile, I grabbed a big skillet and wilted a big container of organic baby spinach with a tsp of coconut oil, a 1/2 cup of chicken stock and a red pepper, chopped. I kept the lid on for a few minutes and then removed it from the heat. A pinch of sea salt finished this off.



          When the timer went off, I took the scallops and shrimp out of the oven.

          Then, everything was done.  I love how this looked with the scallops on a bed of greens.  This meal is fast, easy, SO healthy, and really looks like to went to a lot of trouble.  

I served it with Broiled Asparagus Wrapped in Prosciutto. Delicious! 


No comments:

Post a Comment