Saturday, October 4, 2014

Crock Pot Roasted Pumpkin


I bought this lovely pie pumpkin from my favorite farmer at the farmer's market the other day, thinking about how it would exactly fit into my oblong slow cooker.....it seems like I always have pumpkin on my mind every October.

So, I came home and washed my pumpkin, dried it off, and rubbed it with coconut oil.

Next, I rubbed a little extra coconut oil in the slow cooker.

I stuck my pumpkin several times (maybe 10 times) with a fork, leaving little holes. Then I laid it down in the slow cooker, covered it with the lid, and cooked it on low for 7-8 hours.



When the time was up, I unplugged it and took off the lid to let the pumpkin cool off some.

After a few minutes, I placed it on a cutting board and easily cut it in half.  I took out the stringy stuff and the seeds for the compost pile. I scooped out the pumpkin to use in recipes all week.
(It's easy to fill quart freezer bags with this mixture if you can't use it all up so you can use it at a later date.)
If you like pumpkin recipes, just put the word pumpkin into the search box on this blog - I've got lots of different things for you to check out!

I had to eat one big slice immediately, with maple syrup and cinnamon. Sometimes I like it savory, with grass fed butter and smoked sea salt.  Yum!





No comments:

Post a Comment