Sunday, October 19, 2014

Bacon Egg Artichoke Gluten-Free Pizza


I woke up at 3am earlier this week and made notes about this idea on my phone.....so I would remember to try it on the weekend. I am so glad this one woke me up! It's awesome with all it's paleo crust and uncured bacon and over-medium eggs and artichokes and just a hint of KerryGold cheese....

In a large mixing bowl I stirred the dry ingredients:

1 cup almond flour
1/4  cup coconut flour
1/4 cup arrowroot powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp rosemary
1 tsp sea salt
freshly ground black pepper

Then I whisked in the wet ingredients:
3 eggs
3 TBSP olive oil (or macadamia oil)
1/2 cup organic coconut milk from a can

I spread this gooey mixture on parchment paper on a cookie sheet with a rubber spatula.

I baked this in a 375 degree oven for 15 minutes.
I took it out and added:

 1  6 oz jar of drained artichoke hearts
4-5 pieces of uncured bacon, cooked and crumbled
3-4 eggs
2-3 TBSP KerryGold cheese (your favorite - mine is Ballyshannon or Dubliner)
pinch of smoked sea salt on the eggs
oregano, to taste



I put the pizza back into the oven for 10 minutes. My eggs were over-medium. You may want to adjust your cooking time here depending on how you like your eggs!

It was awesome. I hope you like it, too.








No comments:

Post a Comment