Saturday, October 12, 2013

Paleo Breakfast Sandwich


Cassie came up with this stack of amazing flavors. She made my Paleo Johnny Cakes.

 Then, she fried up some uncured bacon and laid it on paper towels.

Then, she made scrambled eggs.

Then, she sliced fresh tomato and stacked everything up. Yum!

Here's the Paleo Johnny Cakes recipe:

I stirred up the following ingredients in a bowl:

4 eggs, (out of the fridge a few minutes, so they aren't so cold)
1/4 cup coconut oil (tropicaltraditions.com is my favorite)
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
2/3 cup organic coconut milk

I stirred it all up and it was thick....


 but if you think yours is too thick, add a little more coconut milk...
Next, I got my skillet heated up and added 2 heaping TBSP of coconut oil. (Bacon grease would be amazing, too)  I put four blobs of batter into the skillet at a time, over medium heat. I waited for the air bubbles to show before I flipped them over, tilting the skillet so there was coconut oil where I was about to put them.
                                                            See those little air bubbles?


I didn't transfer the photos, so if you want to check out how they should look, just put Paleo Johnny Cakes into the search box on this site. (top left corner)

We love these Johnny Cakes with my Paleo Apple Butter, too. 

Join the conversation on the Feeding Ger Sasser Facebook page and follow me, Dinah Houston, on Pinterest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment